Well, I *was* going to post something.... but take-out just arrived, so I'm off to eat. It got *really* cold and windy today, so we decided to order in. I didn't feel like going out again or stopping for something on the way home. Weather here is unpredictable so far. A couple days ago, it was much warmer and less windy.
Other than it being cold, things are fine so far. Just adjusting to the time difference, figuring out the job, all that. Really, really wanting sushi badly.... but I've been advised not to eat anything uncooked for quite a while until my system adjusts. I'd just love some nigiri sake and unagi right about now.... but must content myself with pasta and things like that. Had some absolutely outstanding duck in a cherry sauce with pears and peaches a few days ago- that was yummy! Must remember to go back to that place. I liked the name- Carpe Diem.
Have also discovered that there are no dryers or laundromats here. Hence, if I want clean clothes, I must do laundry at least a day before I want to wear the clothes. This will be an adjustment, I think- gotta plan schedules better, I guess. Oh, well.... I just hope I can get my things clean and dry and wearable. Don't want to catch cold with damp clothes.
Ok, P just brought dinner up so I'll go eat now.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Isn't it funny how things you take for granted just don't exist in other places? I don't know why dryers never caught on in Europe. Everybody hangs up their clothes, even in winter. In Germany there's a dedicated place in apartment buildings, usually in the attic. I only have one friend in Munich whose building actually has a laundry room with washers AND dryers.
ReplyDeleteThe duck dish sounds really good!
Stay warm!
And dry!
You know I don't think I've ever asked... Do you LIKE cold weather? I hope you are sufficiently bundled.
ReplyDeleteIt sucks about the laundry. Maybe you can acquire something like this:
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006/11/portable_spin_d.php
Well, I fail at figuring out how to do comments on this thing, so.... yep, it sure is crazy how different things are! The duck was amazing. No, I am NOT a fan of cold weather- I love hot, dry desert climates. But I have a wonderful down coat and warm clothes. That dryer looks awesome!
ReplyDelete