Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ok, found an internet connection, so I'm back for a bit.

On Sunday, I did a little housecleaning. Was going away for a week and didn't want to come home to a dusty house. Didn't get it as clean as I'd have liked, but it's better. After that, I went out in search of a snack.

Found a cute little coffee bar down the street called Kawka. Had a crow or raven on the side. Inside, it felt like a vintage cafe from the 1940s. Small, warm lighting, little tables and couches, good jazz playing, lots of old vintage photos on the wall and artistic knicknacks scattered on the shelves. Tons of magazines and newspapers to read, and the people in there were all young and looked artistic. They had a huge shelf full of board and card games- this would have been a great place to play cribbage or backgammon. And though the coffee was a bit more expensive than at w Biegu Cafe, it was outstanding. I'll definitely go back there soon!

Hope everyone is having a happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment