Saturday, May 30, 2009

What a week! There has been soooo much going on. Had a lot to do at work- meetings, ideas to try out, etc. On Monday night, the TV guy came over and gave me his thoughts on that. On Tuesday, I picked up the computer after work, then did some necessary household and grocery shopping. On Wednesday,I had to take something to the embassy to have it notarized (what a process!), and Wednesday evening was mostly cleaning and getting my apt. in order, and on Thursday, I had a polish class, the post office, and more shopping. Friday, I had some friends over for dessert and wine in the evening- that was absolutely wonderful! There were about 7 of us, and we just hung out in my kitchen, chatted, ate tons of delicious, sugary cakes and cookies, and had some lovely Argentinian, Italian and Romanian wine. Couldn't have been a better end to a long, tiring, rather exhausting week!

But I managed to get the paper I needed notarized, and at the post office, I was able to buy envelopes for that and another package, packing tape, stamps AND send them both off registered priority, all in Polish. And I just tested out the repaired computer... and it works! It's running on AC power, no problems so far, looks good! So this means I can keep this one at home and just use the little one for travels. And the party went well and I have leftovers and I got to sleep in today (sooooooooo needed that!) and woke up to pounding rain on the window.

So I'm just going to curl up in my chair, wrapped in a very soft blanket, drinking tea, and I'm going to watch "The Devil Wears Prada". Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment