Last Thursday, I trekked out to Klub Progrecja with a couple friends to see a punk show. The area was packed- some other group was having an open-air concert next to the club and there were a bunch of people wandering around and eating tasty food. The guards letting us in asked me for ID- the guys I went with said it was because they thought I was under 18. At my age, that's kinda flattering!
It was a good show- small club, kind of reminded me of the Box out at India Basin. Four bands, two from the US, two from somewhere else- I really liked the one from CA, Nations Afire. Really good, solid stuff. The one from Boston, Death Before Dishonor, was a bit less to my taste- I could tell they were the favorites, though. They got the crowd pretty riled up. Altogether, it was a great night, good show, and now I know where I'm going to see Flogging Molly next month.
Friday and Saturday were just.... off. Just, nothing going on, everything in the world felt kind of dishwater black and scrunched up. I'm gonna blame the full moon on Friday night.
Sunday was a lot better. Joined a few friends at the Fine Arts Dept. of the University to wander through their monthly art sale. Lots of neat pieces, and it was fun to get out with a group. I picked up a very nice rendition of Alphonse Mucha's "Music", my favorite of his pieces. This one is a watercolor, and in all the colors of my apartment. After selecting art, we all went for a coffee on the main street. Very nice way to spend a late morning, just chatting.
Returned home about 2, dropped off my stuff, and was about to head out to the pharmacy when I got an unexpected phone call from someone I haven't talked to in about two months. I don't have an answering machine at home, so we nearly missed each other. Had a great chat, though, about a little bit of everything, then I let him go to sleep and I took a little nap myself. A fierce spring storm had come in, so it was raining when I woke up.
That seemed to clear away all the ickiness, though, and I felt happy and refreshed. Took a book to one of my favorite cafes and read all night over some delicious African tea. Came home and promptly fell into a restful sleep.
This week has just been a lot of work and I haven't felt much like getting online since the weekend. I've been watching some TV. Caught episodes of "The Minimalist" and "Pushing Daisies" and watched most of a fairly strange but pretty interesting film called "Youth Without Youth", starring Tim Roth. Reminded me in a way of "Somewhere in Time".
Hope everyone is doing well!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment