Man, life is *surreal* sometimes! So I'm just sitting on my bed, chatting with a friend and listening to British reporters on CNN warn me about the dangers of swine flu when I hear a knock on the door.
I throw a robe on and answer it, expecting to find someone to read the gas or electricity meters- those are inside.
Instead... I find two distinguished Polish Jehovah's Witnesses!
They were older gentlemen, very nice and polite, very distinguished, dressed in suits. They gave me a pamphlet and told me to read it. I read the paragraph quickly then said something about already following the Catholic faith (grew up in that, figured it was an easier out than "I don't belong to any religion"). I thought that might deter them. But they said, "fine", and pointed out some Polish paragraphs in a bible that they thought indicated one universal religion down the road, including the Catholics. So after learning a couple new vocab words, I politely refused them once again and thanked them for their time.
They said they were surprised to find me here, expected an older man, my husband or brother, perhaps. But they bid me a good evening and wandered off.
Surreal!!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment