Friday, April 17, 2009

Boy, today is *just* not my day. I was all set to get a lot done at work today- I got some new software to expand electronic file folders so I can see the structure. This is, in theory, a great thing because there are *thousands* of folders and files, and it'll let me export them as PDFs or Word documents. Today, hower, the program only worked for a few folders at a time, then gave me some error message or crashed altogether. I had to call the IT department like, ten times and twice, the network kicked me off, wouldn't let me back on, and made my desktop disappear. I didn't get as much done today as I would have liked.

So after that, I went home, thinking I could at least do some laundry and get things done. However, there was a strange woodsy sort of scent in the washer- not mold, but kind of damp otherwise. So now I've got to call the landlord *again* and inform him about this and hope it's nothing serious.

After a bit of grocery shopping that took way longer than anticipated, I came home and grabbed the computer. I thought, "Okay, today has been all work- I'll just chill at w Biegu for an hour, have some coffee, chat with people". Except that there was virtually no wireless service- it connected to the internet, but was as SLOW as molasses in January. Took 15 minutes to TRY to connect to nhl.com. Utterly ridiculous. So I packed up, left to go home... and it had started to rain.

Back at home, I've managed to connect to the net, but the computer has brought up weird pages a couple times and stalled out when trying to close them. I think I'm just going to take this all as a sign that today is *done* and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment