Sunday, March 14, 2010

Catching up...

The last 2 months or so have been so busy, mostly with work and cleaning, general stuff around the house. Somehow, that always ends up taking more time than I anticipate. But the weekends have been nice. And I've gotten to cat-sit again for three weeks, always a good thing. But of course, I've *totally* fallen behind in updating things- way behind. So it's time to catch up as much as possible.

On January 31, a friend and I went to the poster museum in Wilanow, a nice little excursion. There's a palace and lake down there, so we walked around a bit first, then saw a cool exhibit of Polish national posters. They had examples from all over the country, from the last 100 years or so. Some of them were really creative, in a fun, folksy way and others were more abstract. The oddest ones, though, were for a cigarette factory called "Patria"- there were three. The first one showed two older men standing with the factory in the background, smoking cigarettes. That's fine. The next two showed a bunch of little kids dancing around an older man, and all of *them* were smoking! Perhaps that was the norm in 1906, but somehow, it just seemed startling for me to see a kid about 5 years old smoking a cigarette.

Feb. 3, I went to Klub Proxima with a couple friends and saw a fun concert- three punk bands, Sex Bomba, The Vibrators, and UK Subs. Good, fun, old-school punk- had a great time and came home feeling really relaxed!

No comments:

Post a Comment