Thursday, June 25, 2009

I think one of the main causes of recent mood swings is the weather. When I arrived, it was February- cold, windy, snowing. Okay, that's winter. Everyone said Spring would arrive soon and be beautiful. Well, there were about 3 weeks of decent, sort of sunny weather in April... and that was it. From May on, every day has been cold, windy, wet, rainy, thunderstorming and gray. It's like winter all over again. But it's June, *summer*. Everyone told me that Polish winters were brutal but that the summers were really hot. I was looking forward to that! I know everyone else in the world hates heat and bright sun, but I love it, thrive on it- back home, a good friend and I would go out and sort of "bask" at lunchtime. I have full appreciation for lizards and snakes who enjoy sunning themselves. But there's really been no sunshine since April. It's literally depressing, especially when I have this "brutal winter" to look forward to, as well.

In weather like this, I'm disinclined to go outside for anything- socializing, walking, exercise, fresh air, etc. So I have to stay at work, then race home to my apartment and stay there the rest of the night, making me feel trapped and cooped up. I'm starting to understand how friends in the Pacific Northwest might feel. And next time I select a job, it *will* be somewhere with reliable sunshine! This is just too much to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment