Saturday was fantastic. Slept in a bit (after talking to a couple friends online for a while Friday night), then headed over to a friend's house for late breakfast. She could really run a successful bistro or something one day! I arrived and found wonderful food all artfully arranged on a large, gorgeous worn-wood table. Italian prosciutto, delicious cheeses, tomatoes and cucumbers with a bit of black pepper and fresh basil, soft brown artisan bread, salad with toasted pumpkin seeds. We also had orange juice, berry smoothies, raspberries and blueberries, pancakes with honey and gooseberry jam, and champagne! It felt very upscale and relaxed at the same time.
We had a nice day- just ate, chatted, ate some more, looked up things on the internet, talked about books and films and travels and everything. Perfect way to start the day, and *boy* was I full after all that delicious food!
I left around 3:30 to run home for a bit, then met an interesting Australian bloke later in the afternoon. We had a *long* night of constant chatting and catching up, and lots of good beer and snacks. I love people who can tell me wild tales of the Australian outback for hours on end!
Today, I've just slept in so far (needed it!), eaten some breakfast, am catching up a bit. Might do cleaning, laundry, see a movie... lazy Sunday for once.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment