Had another nice day.... this makes two in a row! Let's see how long the luck lasts....
Got a lot done at work, making more progress on these files. The cafe I regularly frequent for lunch closed today, so I had a nice last lunch there with some friends. Did some dishes after I came home, chatted w/S a while, then prepared things to mail and went out. Spent a couple hours in Traffic.... and discovered their HUGE basement full of CDs and videos! Must go back there. Had a nice, relaxing dinner in a new Italian restaurant. The entire conversation with the waitress was in Polish.. only realized that after I left. Listened to a large group of computer and gamer geeks talking at the next table over. One of them went on for a while about how he was developing some game for the Wii. Made me a little nostalgic for home. ^_^
Took a bunch of stuff to the post office, and again, had a very successful transaction all in Polish. I love the post office late at night, when no one's around and the staff are a lot less irritable. The two women I talked to this evening were very nice and helpful, actually!
Managed to update my bus pass, then took the metro home. Felt genuinely happy to be here. I like Warsaw, and my neighborhood, and the post office, and little things, and all the parks and dogs and funny cars and the fact that the pharmacies are open 7 days a week for decent hours.
Life is good.
MiĆego weekendu!
Friday, July 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so happy to hear that you have adjusted to life over there and are enjoying your home, friends and life in general in Poland! Just know that Geoff and I miss you.
ReplyDelete